Celebrate the 4th of July with these festive red, white and blue popsicles! Not only are they adorable, but they’re made with protein-packed green yogurt and fiber rich blueberries and strawberries. Thank you to Sound Shore Moms for sharing!
What you’ll need:
- Greek yogurt, divided into thirds
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries
- Blue food coloring
- Red food coloring
- 3 mixing bowls
- Popsicle molds
*Amounts will vary based on the popsicle molds you use and how many popsicles you want to make
How to make your popsicles:
- Using a blender or food processor, blend 1/3 greek yogurt, blueberries and blue food coloring using a blender or food processor. Set aside into a bowl.
- Blend 1/3 greek yogurt, strawberries and red food coloring. Set aside into a bowl.
- Blend 1/3 greek yogurt with enough water to slightly thin it so it’s the same consistency as your red and blue yogurt. Add a tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Spoon yogurt into layers into popsicle molds. You can make three even layers or you can mix them around for a fun and festive tie dye look.
- Freeze popsicle molds for 20-30 minutes. now that the popsicles are set and slightly frozen you can add the popsicle sticks. Freeze again until frozen through.
You can use a squeeze bottle or medicine syringe to transfer the yogurt into the popsicle molds to prevent dripping on the sides. Be careful not to squeeze too hard.
For more even layers, you can freeze each layer one at a time. Adding each layer after the previous layer has frozen.
You can skip the fruit and just use food coloring to make it even easier!
Anyone else *more* than ready to swap winter coats and sweaters for spring dresses and tops? We asked designer Katie Fong Biglin, for her go-to picks for the season. All of them are mom-friendly (read: easy to style) and many of them are perfect for pregnancy and...
With the weather warming up and schedules getting busier, we're all about throwing together quick salads—and this spring version from Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane, a Greenwich, CT-based healthy prepared meal delivery business, is at the top of our list. "This salad...
This story originally appeared on our sister site, Sound Shore Moms. If you've been following for a little bit, you've probably realized that I really like a good theme, especially when celebrating holidays. I came across these Peep Rice Krispies Treats on instagram...