This special salad is perfect for Mother’s Day or any Spring gathering. “It’s a new way to use canned artichokes, a convenient and affordable ingredient, and it’s packed with flavor and fiber to keep you satisfied,” says Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Food Contributor for The Local Moms Network.
- 2 cans artichokes in water, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated plus more for topping, if desired
To make the Air Fryer Artichokes:
- Pat drained artichokes well with a tea towel, then transfer to a bowl.
- Toss artichokes with minced garlic, one tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Transfer them to an air fryer basket and air fry for at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Once they are crispy and browned, let them cool for a couple of minutes, then slice in half. Reserve.
To Make the Dressing and Salad:
- In a glass jar or bowl, combine the minced shallot, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Whisk or shake to combine.
- Shave the Brussels sprouts thinly on a mandoline, or using a very sharp knife.
- Add these to a large serving bowl along with the white beans, celery, artichokes and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with a little bit more Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
These elegant crostini are a surefire winner for all your spring get-togethers, loaded with fresh asparagus, two types of truffle flavor (oil and salt) and fresh lemon. Thank you to the talented moms from Habitual Hostess for sharing! Truffled...
Anyone else *more* than ready to swap winter coats and sweaters for spring dresses and tops? We asked designer Katie Fong Biglin, for her go-to picks for the season. All of them are mom-friendly (read: easy to style) and many of them are perfect for pregnancy and...
Where are you from originally and how long have you lived in town? I am from Richmond, VA. I’ve lived here all my life! Tell us about your Child(ren) and Age(s) I am a mother of identical twin girls! They are nine years old in the 3rd grade What’s your favorite...