Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her “Hungry Lady Salad” series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest creation for summer.
- 4 cups strawberries halved
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Small handful of mint leaves chopped
- Prepared Balsamic glaze to serve (optional)
1. In a large bowl, dress arugula with juice from ½ of the lime, and ¼ tsp salt and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
2. Lay dressed arugula on a large, shallow serving platter.
3. Top with berries, mozzarella, and scatter the fresh mint over top.
4. Finish with ¼ tsp salt, juice from the other half of the lime, and balsamic glaze if using.
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
This Build Your Own Rice Bowl Board allows each member of your family to create a dinner plate they’ll love–and actually eat! Picky eaters may just choose chicken and rice, while more adventurous ones may add edamame, spicy Sriracha sauce or cilantro. We’ve been...
This original story was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor Harvey Karp, M.D. Toddler truth: Tantrums usually peak at 18 to 24 months, subside a bit, then crest again around 3.5 years. So, knowing how to prevent—and quell—these meltdowns now will...