Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her “Hungry Lady Salad” series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest creation for summer.
- 4 cups strawberries halved
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Small handful of mint leaves chopped
- Prepared Balsamic glaze to serve (optional)
1. In a large bowl, dress arugula with juice from ½ of the lime, and ¼ tsp salt and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
2. Lay dressed arugula on a large, shallow serving platter.
3. Top with berries, mozzarella, and scatter the fresh mint over top.
4. Finish with ¼ tsp salt, juice from the other half of the lime, and balsamic glaze if using.
This special salad is perfect for Mother’s Day or any Spring gathering. “It’s a new way to use canned artichokes, a convenient and affordable ingredient, and it’s packed with flavor and fiber to keep you satisfied,” says Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Food...
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...
These elegant crostini are a surefire winner for all your spring get-togethers, loaded with fresh asparagus, two types of truffle flavor (oil and salt) and fresh lemon. Thank you to the talented moms from Habitual Hostess for sharing! Truffled...