Fall may have Pumpkin Spice, but this Spring, we’re all about this Carrot Spice Snacking Cake. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing this gluten, butter and oil-free healthy treat!
Carrot Spice Snacking Cake
Yield: 1 8×8 inch square cake
- 1 cups carrot, shredded
- 2 large eggs, whisked 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup Monkfruit powdered sugar (or regular powdered sugar)
- 1⁄4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your pan with parchment and spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together carrots, eggs, and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt and whisk lightly with a fork. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the walnuts.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes until the tester comes out clean. Let cool briefly in the pan and finish cooling completely on a rack before frosting.
To make the frosting – Beat together the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Spread over cooled cake and garnish with the candied ginger if using. Enjoy!
If you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve party this year, stocking the bar is likely a priority. But in this Instagram age, why not make the cocktail setup as beautiful as it is functional? Your guests will surely appreciate the extra effort, whether or not...
Chris Roughan of Roughan Interiors is well-known in Greenwich, New York City, Palm Beach and beyond for her warm and sophisticated style. Since 1994, she has focused on carefully listening to clients to create spaces they truly love to live in. “Every...
Actress Melissa Joan Hart is best known for her memorable leading roles on Clarissa Explains It All and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. But to her family and friends, she’s also known for being something of a Christmas nut. “I’ve always been really into the...