Fall may have Pumpkin Spice, but this Spring, we’re all about this Carrot Spice Snacking Cake. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing this gluten, butter and oil-free healthy treat!
Carrot Spice Snacking Cake
Yield: 1 8×8 inch square cake
- 1 cups carrot, shredded
- 2 large eggs, whisked 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup Monkfruit powdered sugar (or regular powdered sugar)
- 1⁄4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your pan with parchment and spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together carrots, eggs, and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt and whisk lightly with a fork. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the walnuts.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes until the tester comes out clean. Let cool briefly in the pan and finish cooling completely on a rack before frosting.
To make the frosting – Beat together the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Spread over cooled cake and garnish with the candied ginger if using. Enjoy!
Eva Amurri Martino—the blogger behind Happily Eva After—loves putting together classic Christmas cocktail parties, which she says satisfies her annual case of holiday nostalgia. “The classics never go out of style, and Christmas cocktails are so delish!”...
Anyone else taking on Elf on the Shelf moving responsibilities this time of year? Since 2004, The Elf on the Shelf brand has grown from a single children’s book, written by mother daughter team Chanda Bell and Carol Aebersold as a way to reconnect with...