Fall may have Pumpkin Spice, but this Spring, we’re all about this Carrot Spice Snacking Cake. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing this gluten, butter and oil-free healthy treat!
Carrot Spice Snacking Cake
Yield: 1 8×8 inch square cake
- 1 cups carrot, shredded
- 2 large eggs, whisked 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup Monkfruit powdered sugar (or regular powdered sugar)
- 1⁄4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your pan with parchment and spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together carrots, eggs, and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt and whisk lightly with a fork. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the walnuts.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes until the tester comes out clean. Let cool briefly in the pan and finish cooling completely on a rack before frosting.
To make the frosting – Beat together the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Spread over cooled cake and garnish with the candied ginger if using. Enjoy!
Rockets of Awesome offers a convenience way to update your kids’ wardrobe with quality, adorable pieces.
Halloween is almost here and we’re adding this Spooky Snack Mix from The BakerMama to our shortlist of fun treats to make. It has all the things we love in a holiday snack—sweet, salty, festive and a healthy dose of nostalgia. Maegan, the talented mom behind...
Looking for some candy-free options for Halloween this year? Whether your child’s school doesn’t allow candy, you want to offer kids (and parents) a healthier option or want to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project (allergy-free options in a blue pumpkin), we...