Thank you to our food contributor CatwithaK Cooks for sharing this delicious plant-based taco recipe with us. Introducing new vegetables (like cauliflower) to kids can be tricky. Experts recommend serving it in a form they are familiar with (in this case, tacos). Try it for Taco Tuesday, or anytime you need a quick, nutritious meal.
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Lime Avocado Crema
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chile powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Avocado Lime Crema:
- 1 large avocado, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ red onion, sliced and pickled
- ½ cup Queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a rack in lowest position; preheat oven to 450°
- Arrange cauliflower on a large baking sheet and add paprika, chili powder, onion powder, salt and olive oil. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes until cauliflower is browned all over, stirring halfway through to cook evenly.
While the cauliflower is roasting, make the crema:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Warm tortillas by charring on a gas grill open flame or microwaving them for 30 seconds or so.
On each tortilla, spread with avocado lime crema, add the cauliflower, and top with pickled onions, queso fresco, cilantro and lime. Enjoy!
Early on in the pandemic, we may have overdone it with the banana bread baking. But when we saw these nutritious cookies from our contributor CatwithaK Cooks, we knew we had to try them. Without any added sugar and with plenty of fiber, they make a great...
If you're trying to sneak more veggies into your family meals, this Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta from our contributor CatwithaK Cooks is a great start. For more recipes from The Local Moms Network, go tohttps://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/. ...
Easy no-cook recipe that is bursting with spring flavors? Yes, please. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing another beautiful, seasonal and nutritious dish! For more easy and delicious recipes, go to...