- a baked vanilla cake (box mix is perfect)
- 2-3 tablespoons of buttercream
- cakesicles mold
- 2 bars white baking chocolate (parve)
- chanukah sprinkles
- parchment paper
- Bake your favorite box cake, wait for it to cool completely and crumble it up.
- Add two to three tablespoons of buttercream and mix it up until the dough is moist and almost play-dough like.
- Press into cakesicle molds and add a popsicle stick onto the bottom. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime chop up the white chocolate and place it in a heat proof bowl. Melt it in the microwave in 20 second intervals until fully melted and creamy. Make sure to get all lumps out- it needs to be fully melted and smooth.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper in front of you. Remove popsicles from freezer and fully coat them in the melted white chocolate. Place them down onto the parchment paper and decorate immediately before the chocolate hardens.
- Have fun with the decorating! Use your favorite sprinkles.
- Once dry, scrape off any jagged edges so you get a smooth finish on the sides. Enjoy!
- Store in freezer in a covered tin.
Deb Ponzek is a mom, chef/restauranteur and author of several popular cookbooks including The Dinner Survival Cookbook and The Family Kitchen. This week she's sharing her go-to fall cocktail for entertaining—an easy mulled wine perfect for sharing with...
This pumpkin chili recipe from Chef Debra Ponzek is a classic fall dish, full of seasonal flavors like pumpkin and butternut squash. Like all chilis, it’s versatile and can be made ahead and frozen, making it a go-to for busy autumn nights. ...
Rockets of Awesome offers a convenience way to update your kids’ wardrobe with quality, adorable pieces.