- a baked vanilla cake (box mix is perfect)
- 2-3 tablespoons of buttercream
- cakesicles mold
- 2 bars white baking chocolate (parve)
- chanukah sprinkles
- parchment paper
- Bake your favorite box cake, wait for it to cool completely and crumble it up.
- Add two to three tablespoons of buttercream and mix it up until the dough is moist and almost play-dough like.
- Press into cakesicle molds and add a popsicle stick onto the bottom. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime chop up the white chocolate and place it in a heat proof bowl. Melt it in the microwave in 20 second intervals until fully melted and creamy. Make sure to get all lumps out- it needs to be fully melted and smooth.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper in front of you. Remove popsicles from freezer and fully coat them in the melted white chocolate. Place them down onto the parchment paper and decorate immediately before the chocolate hardens.
- Have fun with the decorating! Use your favorite sprinkles.
- Once dry, scrape off any jagged edges so you get a smooth finish on the sides. Enjoy!
- Store in freezer in a covered tin.
If you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve party this year, stocking the bar is likely a priority. But in this Instagram age, why not make the cocktail setup as beautiful as it is functional? Your guests will surely appreciate the extra effort, whether or not...
Chris Roughan of Roughan Interiors is well-known in Greenwich, New York City, Palm Beach and beyond for her warm and sophisticated style. Since 1994, she has focused on carefully listening to clients to create spaces they truly love to live in. “Every...
Actress Melissa Joan Hart is best known for her memorable leading roles on Clarissa Explains It All and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. But to her family and friends, she’s also known for being something of a Christmas nut. “I’ve always been really into the...