For us, a perfect weeknight dinner has three components—it’s fast, something that the whole family will enjoy, and incorporates some healthy ingredients. This Chicken Sausage with Broccoli Pasta, created by Mike Geller, a father of two young boys who owns and runs Stamford, CT-based Mike’s Organic Delivery, hits all those marks. Plus, it can be made gluten-free and uses just two pots (and one’s just for boiling water…). “This is my go-to recipe for a quick, easy, healthy weeknight meal,” says Mike. He adds: “You can substitute gluten-free pasta for a great gluten free spin. Twenty minutes and dinner is on the table!”
Chicken Sausage with Broccoli Pasta (feeds 2-4 people)
- 1 Pack Snow Dance Farm Chicken Sausage, defrosted and cut into rounds (2 packs for larger groups)
- 2 Medium Heads Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock (1 cup for larger groups)
- 1 Bag Pasta (2 bags for larger groups)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil
- Take sliced sausage and put in a large sauce pan on medium-high heat and lightly brown
- When sausages are browned and have rendered, remove and set aside
- Reduce heat to medium, add onions and garlic to pan, add olive oil if needed, and soften approx 5 minutes
- Add broccoli florets and cook for 5-7 minutes
- Add salt and pasta to water and cook on a slow boil for approx 4-6 minutes, drain and set aside
- Add chicken sausages, cover mixture with chicken stock, and scrape pan with wooden spoon to release any browned bits
- Cook uncovered until broth is reduced
- Add olive oil to mixture, add pasta, toss, plate, and top with grated parm
If we’re being real here, summer reading for moms can be a bit of a pipe dream, particularly for those of us who have young kids (as in, you need to be 100 percent focused on them to keep them alive). Or kids with crazy sports schedules. Or...
Toddlers are cavemen. If you’re reading this and are actually parenting a toddler, you probably don’t need further explanation. You’re familiar with the grunting, the lack of table manners, the random tantrums and general refusal to express emotions in a...
There are some Mother’s Day gifts that are priceless—the classic breakfast in bed and homemade card, for instance. We can’t help you there, but the list below are things we would love to get, and plan to give, for every kind of mom. Happy Mother’s Day from...