What’s better than homemade pancakes on a fall weekend? This easy recipe, a family favorite of Megan Sullivan, co-founder of The Local Moms Network, can be customized with nutritious mix-ins (suggested below) and use just a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
Megan’s Family Favorite Pancake Recipe
- 2 medium bananas (Ripe works best)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour(I use Organic Almond Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Use any of the additives above!
- Mash bananas or add to Vitamix.
- Add almond milk, eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the batter gently and try not to over mix. The batter should be thick for fluffy pancakes.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using 1/4 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet.
- In about 1 minute you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter. You should have about 8 pancakes.
- Top with fresh fruit, a nut butter and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Pumpkin – filled with nutrients and fiber
- Oats and/or bran
- Protein or Collagen powder
- Fruit / berries
- Mashed up banana or apple sauce
- Almond or Peanut Butter
Rockets of Awesome offers a convenience way to update your kids’ wardrobe with quality, adorable pieces.
Halloween is almost here and we’re adding this Spooky Snack Mix from The BakerMama to our shortlist of fun treats to make. It has all the things we love in a holiday snack—sweet, salty, festive and a healthy dose of nostalgia. Maegan, the talented mom behind...
Looking for some candy-free options for Halloween this year? Whether your child’s school doesn’t allow candy, you want to offer kids (and parents) a healthier option or want to participate in the Teal Pumpkin Project (allergy-free options in a blue pumpkin), we...