Easy no-cook recipe that is bursting with spring flavors? Yes, please. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing another beautiful, seasonal and nutritious dish!
For more easy and delicious recipes, go to https://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/.
Shaved Spring Salad with Creamy Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 10 stalks of asparagus, shaved
- 4 radishes, shaved on mandolin
- 4 carrots, (tricolor if available) shaved 2 heads frisée or butter lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (coconut, Greek etc) 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp water, for thinning dressing
- For dressing: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk well until emulsified. Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water to thin it to desired consistency. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a mason jar, attach the lid firmly, and give it a good shake!
- For salad: Wash and prep all ingredients. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus and carrots lengthwise into strips. Discard the remnants of bettor and asparagus that are too thin to peel. Using a mandolin, or a sharp knife, slice radishes thinly.
- Place frisée in a large shallow bowl and top with the remaining vegetable shavings. Top with dressing and toss.
Related articles from The Local Moms Network:
We all know that sunscreen helps prevent sun damage that can lead to skin cancer. So it’s a no-brainer that we’re thinking about it more than ever as we head into summer. That’s why last week’s study on how readily sunscreens are absorbed into skin (and...
The Easter Bunny seems to be just as busy this time of year as Santa is during the Christmas season! Thankfully, he's just as skilled at finding time for children at quite a few places. Below are all the places you'll find the Easter Bunny, broken out by...
Anyone else feel like cold and flu season is never going away? Whether your house has been hit hard this winter or you feel like you’re fighting it off because everyone around you is sick, considering taking to the kitchen to boost your family’s immunity,...