Easy no-cook recipe that is bursting with spring flavors? Yes, please. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing another beautiful, seasonal and nutritious dish!
For more easy and delicious recipes, go to https://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/.
Shaved Spring Salad with Creamy Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 10 stalks of asparagus, shaved
- 4 radishes, shaved on mandolin
- 4 carrots, (tricolor if available) shaved 2 heads frisée or butter lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (coconut, Greek etc) 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp water, for thinning dressing
- For dressing: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk well until emulsified. Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water to thin it to desired consistency. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a mason jar, attach the lid firmly, and give it a good shake!
- For salad: Wash and prep all ingredients. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus and carrots lengthwise into strips. Discard the remnants of bettor and asparagus that are too thin to peel. Using a mandolin, or a sharp knife, slice radishes thinly.
- Place frisée in a large shallow bowl and top with the remaining vegetable shavings. Top with dressing and toss.
Related articles from The Local Moms Network:
This cocktail was shared by Lindsay Wernert Potter, the cocktail contributor for Greenwich Moms, from local restaurant Little Pub. Want to sip on something more festive this season than a Cab? Try mixing up this Fall cocktail. It uses cinnamon sticks, fresh apples and...
Deb Ponzek is a mom, chef/restauranteur and author of several popular cookbooks including The Dinner Survival Cookbook and The Family Kitchen. This week she's sharing her go-to fall cocktail for entertaining—an easy mulled wine perfect for sharing with...
This pumpkin chili recipe from Chef Debra Ponzek is a classic fall dish, full of seasonal flavors like pumpkin and butternut squash. Like all chilis, it’s versatile and can be made ahead and frozen, making it a go-to for busy autumn nights. ...