This original story was contributed by The Local Moms Network Contributor, Host to Perfection!
Fall is in full swing and probably the most desired season! The temperature starts to drop, the air becomes crisp, and people are slowly drawn into hibernation mode. Now we are just a few days away from Thanksgiving, so if you are hosting family at your house this year, we are sharing 5 essentials for a fall tablecape that we hope help spark your inner hostess and most of all creativity.
- Color Scheme: When planning your table decor, bring on the warm hues of red, orange, brown, green, and purple. Plaid, copper, and brass are also seasonable.
- Candles: We love candles, especially for fall. They make every setting cozier, inviting, and more intimate. They make beautiful centerpieces; here, we placed different heights on a tray.
- Pumpkins: They are a fall staple, right!? Yes, and you should try adding them to your table decor. However, do it carefully. If using natural pumpkins, stay away from the bright orange ones; they are beautiful for Halloween and porch decor, but for an elegant tablescape, stick to blue, white, and/or cheese pumpkins.
- Throws: They are a must if you are hosting outdoors! You can also “dress the table” by laying throws diagonally on top of your table or kitchen counter. Depending on the throw’s pattern and colors, it adds a seasonal touch to the decor. Try a plaid one like this one we used to style a fall brunch.
- Centerpiece: With cooler temperatures, is there anything better than a good bottle of red wine and a tasty cheese board!? Consider an edible centerpiece for your next fall soiree; a cheese board is an excellent one. Adding seasonal fruits like apples, peaches, and grapes will give the autumn feels to the centerpiece. If flowers are your thing, or if you are feeling a little adventurous and want to style a bouquet, stick to blooms with fall hues. Dried leaves and fall foliage are great additions too.
This cocktail was shared by Lindsay Wernert Potter, the cocktail contributor for Greenwich Moms, from local restaurant Little Pub. Want to sip on something more festive this season than a Cab? Try mixing up this Fall cocktail. It uses cinnamon sticks, fresh apples and...
Recently, we shared all about our favorite new kids’ fashion find, Rockets of Awesome. It is a mom-founded brand of adorable clothes that can be bought online and through their time-saving subscription model. We’re still stocking up on festive holiday looks and...
Recently, we shared the story of our favorite organic mattress brand, My Green Mattress, including an interview with cofounder Tim Masters. We just love how Tim and his wife Cindy launched the brand to help their young daughter (and other kids like her) who are...