Valentine’s Day doesn’t always have to be about sweets. Don’t get me wrong, I love making all of the fun sweet treats for my family on Valentine’s Day. But thought I would try a healthy version of chocolate covered strawberries. What’s the secret you ask? Chocolate hummus of course! Try this sweet yet healthy Valentine’s Day board for the whole family!
- Graham Crackers(or whatever your kids like to dip with)
- Chocolate Hummus
- Festive Sprinkles
- Plastic Wrap
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Lay the plastic wrap down on a flat surface and place the heart shaped cookie cutter in the center.
- Use a spoon or knife to fill the cookie cutter with the chocolate hummus.
- Pour the festive sprinkles on top of the chocolate hummus and gentle press down the festive sprinkles into the hummus. Not so much that the sprinkles go below the surface, but enough so that they stay in place.
- Wrap up the cookie cutter with the plastic wrap and place the chocolate hummus in the freezer for 20 min.
- While the hummus is in the freezer, wash the strawberries and prepare the graham crackers. Start to place them where you would like on your platter.
- After the 20 min is up, pull the hummus out of the freezer, remove the plastic wrap and place it where you would like it on the platter.
- Finish putting remaining dipping items on the platter and serve
ORIGINALLY SEEN AND CRAFTED BY SouthOC_Moms
In this day and age, expecting your kids to never lay eyes on a screen is probably unrealistic. Many schools are even incorporating them into the curriculum. But research shows that kids under 8 are using mobile devices more than 2 hours a day (despite...
Kristin Koch, the executive director of Seventeen magazine and blogger behind Closetful of Clothes is, like all of us, a busy mom who still wants to feel put together. "I often get asked for my mom wardrobe essentials—the tried and true items that I can...