Is Hippo available in many locations?
That’s wonderful. What are some of your favorite moments with the company?
Amazing! As someone in the industry, what are some smart tips for saving money on healthcare?
- Lower the Cost of Prescription Medications (by using Hippo!)
- Ask your pharmacist for Generic Medications
- If you have insurance, Avoid Picking Up Prescriptions Early (Wait until insurance will cover.)
- Many Over the Counter Meds May Actually be Cheaper With a Prescription (For instance, the allergy medication Claritin is $15 to $20 OTC, but Loratadine is only $4 to $6 in generic form, using Hippo.)
- Follow Up on Insurance Discrepancies (If a bill doesn’t look right, be sure to call.)
- Focus on Finding In-Network Providers
- Don’t Forgot About an HSA/FSA
- Stay on Top of Preventative Care (so you don’t get sick or develop expensive conditions)
- Know Your Insurance Policy (Understand what the deductibles are, who the preferred providers are, etc.)
Good tips! So if, what’s the process?
We try to make it as easy as possible to receive a Hippo card. For everyone in The Local Moms Network, simply text “MOMS” to Hippo (44776) and we will text you a free digital Hippo card to add to your mobile wallet. There is no cost to joining Hippo, so you can relax and save.
Here are the step by step instructions:
- Go to your text messages and enter HIPPO (44776) in the phone number field
- In the message field type “MOMS”
- Hit “send”
- Receive your Hippo card and start saving!
Natalie lives in Houston with her family of four!
Cooking healthy meals that are delicious and satisfying can be hard work for us moms! Lately, I’ve been struggling to curate a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner that include all of the important nutrients and vitamins, only to have my kids come to the table with a stubborn palate.