Is Hippo available in many locations?
That’s wonderful. What are some of your favorite moments with the company?
Amazing! As someone in the industry, what are some smart tips for saving money on healthcare?
- Lower the Cost of Prescription Medications (by using Hippo!)
- Ask your pharmacist for Generic Medications
- If you have insurance, Avoid Picking Up Prescriptions Early (Wait until insurance will cover.)
- Many Over the Counter Meds May Actually be Cheaper With a Prescription (For instance, the allergy medication Claritin is $15 to $20 OTC, but Loratadine is only $4 to $6 in generic form, using Hippo.)
- Follow Up on Insurance Discrepancies (If a bill doesn’t look right, be sure to call.)
- Focus on Finding In-Network Providers
- Don’t Forgot About an HSA/FSA
- Stay on Top of Preventative Care (so you don’t get sick or develop expensive conditions)
- Know Your Insurance Policy (Understand what the deductibles are, who the preferred providers are, etc.)
Good tips! So if, what’s the process?
We try to make it as easy as possible to receive a Hippo card. For everyone in The Local Moms Network, simply text “MOMS” to Hippo (44776) and we will text you a free digital Hippo card to add to your mobile wallet. There is no cost to joining Hippo, so you can relax and save.
Here are the step by step instructions:
- Go to your text messages and enter HIPPO (44776) in the phone number field
- In the message field type “MOMS”
- Hit “send”
- Receive your Hippo card and start saving!
Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for...
This easy crisp makes for a healthy Thanksgiving dessert or a yummy breakfast any morning. Skip peeling the apples, and you'll save time and boost the fiber content. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to...
This cocktail was shared by Lindsay Wernert Potter, the cocktail contributor for Greenwich Moms, from local restaurant Little Pub. Want to sip on something more festive this season than a Cab? Try mixing up this Fall cocktail. It uses cinnamon sticks, fresh apples and...