Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic.
Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to find all her recipes or follow her on Instagram @kat_can_cook.
Sweet Potatoes Agrodolce
- 2 lbs. Sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño or fresno chile, seeded and thinly sliced in rings
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas, toasted
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle it with the oil, 1 Tablespoon honey, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer the potatoes to large rimmed baking sheets, spreading evenly.
- Roast until caramelized, 20-25 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the chile, vinegar, and remaining 2 Tablespoons of honey to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-6 minutes until syrupy.
- When potatoes are finished, spoon the agrodolce over them and serve right away.
- Finish with the pepitas and sage.
This easy crisp makes for a healthy Thanksgiving dessert or a yummy breakfast any morning. Skip peeling the apples, and you'll save time and boost the fiber content. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to...
This cocktail was shared by Lindsay Wernert Potter, the cocktail contributor for Greenwich Moms, from local restaurant Little Pub. Want to sip on something more festive this season than a Cab? Try mixing up this Fall cocktail. It uses cinnamon sticks, fresh apples and...
Recently, we shared all about our favorite new kids’ fashion find, Rockets of Awesome. It is a mom-founded brand of adorable clothes that can be bought online and through their time-saving subscription model. We’re still stocking up on festive holiday looks and...