Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic.
Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to find all her recipes or follow her on Instagram @kat_can_cook.
Sweet Potatoes Agrodolce
- 2 lbs. Sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño or fresno chile, seeded and thinly sliced in rings
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas, toasted
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle it with the oil, 1 Tablespoon honey, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer the potatoes to large rimmed baking sheets, spreading evenly.
- Roast until caramelized, 20-25 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the chile, vinegar, and remaining 2 Tablespoons of honey to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-6 minutes until syrupy.
- When potatoes are finished, spoon the agrodolce over them and serve right away.
- Finish with the pepitas and sage.
If you loved the Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies we recently shared, you have to try this Pumpkin version! Our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore has seriously done it again with these Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. They have chocolate chips...
Recently, we shared the story of our favorite organic mattress brand, My Green Mattress, including an interview with cofounder Tim Masters. We just love how Tim and his wife Cindy launched the brand to help their young daughter (and other kids like her) who are...
Deb Ponzek is a mom, chef/restauranteur and author of several popular cookbooks including The Dinner Survival Cookbook and The Family Kitchen. This week she's sharing her go-to fall cocktail for entertaining—an easy mulled wine perfect for sharing with...