Cinnamon rolls are a favorite holiday treat, but the maple-infused pancake version below, from Nicole Washington—the talented mama behind the Brown Sugar blog—is a perfect Fall breakfast. It uses simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry—including pancake mix to make them extra easy! A simple piping technique is used to achieve the classic look of cinnamon rolls. Stay tuned for our Meet a Mom interview with Nicole, and in the meantime, check her out at bsugarmama.com and on Instagram at @brownsugarfoodblogger!
Maple Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 2 c. Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Maple Extract
- In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick Pancake batter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, maple extract, and butter until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 5 tbsp. Butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix. Pour the cinnamon mixture into a piping bag or food storage bag. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the cinnamon mixture to set and don’t cut open the tip of the bag until ready to use.
- Heat the griddle and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour ½ cup of pancake mix onto the griddle and, in a circular motion, pipe the cinnamon mixture. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- To make topping, in a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
- Top the pancakes off with the cream cheese topping and whipped cream if desired and serve.
The Elf on The Shelf Interview: Behind the Book & Brand
Anyone else taking on Elf on the Shelf moving responsibilities this time of year? Since 2004, The Elf on the Shelf brand has grown from a single children’s book, written by mother daughter team Chanda Bell and Carol Aebersold as a way to reconnect with...