Cinnamon rolls are a favorite holiday treat, but the maple-infused pancake version below, from Nicole Washington—the talented mama behind the Brown Sugar blog—is a perfect Fall breakfast. It uses simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry—including pancake mix to make them extra easy! A simple piping technique is used to achieve the classic look of cinnamon rolls. Stay tuned for our Meet a Mom interview with Nicole, and in the meantime, check her out at bsugarmama.com and on Instagram at @brownsugarfoodblogger!
Maple Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 2 c. Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Maple Extract
- In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick Pancake batter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, maple extract, and butter until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 5 tbsp. Butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix. Pour the cinnamon mixture into a piping bag or food storage bag. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the cinnamon mixture to set and don’t cut open the tip of the bag until ready to use.
- Heat the griddle and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour ½ cup of pancake mix onto the griddle and, in a circular motion, pipe the cinnamon mixture. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- To make topping, in a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
- Top the pancakes off with the cream cheese topping and whipped cream if desired and serve.
This cocktail was shared by Lindsay Wernert Potter, the cocktail contributor for Greenwich Moms, from local restaurant Little Pub. Want to sip on something more festive this season than a Cab? Try mixing up this Fall cocktail. It uses cinnamon sticks, fresh apples and...
Recently, we shared all about our favorite new kids’ fashion find, Rockets of Awesome. It is a mom-founded brand of adorable clothes that can be bought online and through their time-saving subscription model. We’re still stocking up on festive holiday looks and...
Recently, we shared the story of our favorite organic mattress brand, My Green Mattress, including an interview with cofounder Tim Masters. We just love how Tim and his wife Cindy launched the brand to help their young daughter (and other kids like her) who are...