These Maple Pumpkin Pecan Muffins are full of Fall flavor. Bake up a batch on the weekend to serve all week long as a grab-and-go breakfast! Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing.
Go to kathleenashmore.com to find all her recipes or follow her on Instagram @kat_can_cook.
Maple Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1⁄3 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger (or 2 T pumpkin pie spice), plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup raw pecans, chopped, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the cups of a standard 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray and dust with oat flour, or use muffin liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a large bowl and whisk, briefly whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add to the bowl the pumpkin, coconut oil, and maple syrup and mix to combine so there are no flour streaks visible.
- Add the eggs and whisk for 10 seconds more to combine.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the muffin cups. I like to use an ice cream scoop for this.
- Distribute the chopped pecans evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out just clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Anyone else *more* than ready to swap winter coats and sweaters for spring dresses and tops? We asked designer Katie Fong Biglin, for her go-to picks for the season. All of them are mom-friendly (read: easy to style) and many of them are perfect for pregnancy and...
With the weather warming up and schedules getting busier, we're all about throwing together quick salads—and this spring version from Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane, a Greenwich, CT-based healthy prepared meal delivery business, is at the top of our list. "This salad...
This story originally appeared on our sister site, Sound Shore Moms. If you've been following for a little bit, you've probably realized that I really like a good theme, especially when celebrating holidays. I came across these Peep Rice Krispies Treats on instagram...