Cookies for breakfast? Why not, when they’re filled with fiber and protein-rich almond flour and free of added sugars like these. This recipe from our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore is a perfect “Back to School” choice—make them on a Sunday for a grab-and-go breakfast all week long.
Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies
Yield: 14-16 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut 2⁄3 cup raisins, golden or regular
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, room temperature 3⁄4 cup coconut sugar (or raw, or brown) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using a stand or handheld mixer, cream together the coconut oil and sugar for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for another 30 seconds to incorporate.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix briefly to incorporate.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the oats, coconut, and raisins until combined. Scoop 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon sized cookies onto two baking sheets, leaving a couple of inches between them.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until golden around the edges and soft in the center. Do not overbake as they will continue to cook as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Anyone else *more* than ready to swap winter coats and sweaters for spring dresses and tops? We asked designer Katie Fong Biglin, for her go-to picks for the season. All of them are mom-friendly (read: easy to style) and many of them are perfect for pregnancy and...
With the weather warming up and schedules getting busier, we're all about throwing together quick salads—and this spring version from Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane, a Greenwich, CT-based healthy prepared meal delivery business, is at the top of our list. "This salad...
This story originally appeared on our sister site, Sound Shore Moms. If you've been following for a little bit, you've probably realized that I really like a good theme, especially when celebrating holidays. I came across these Peep Rice Krispies Treats on instagram...