Deb Ponzek is a mom, chef/restauranteur and author of several popular cookbooks including The Dinner Survival Cookbook and The Family Kitchen. This week she’s sharing her go-to fall cocktail for entertaining—an easy mulled wine perfect for sharing with neighbors on Halloween or enjoying by the fire pit with friends.
Spiced Mulled Wine
Serves 10 to 12
- Peel of 1 lemon
- Peel of 1 orange
- Two 750-ml bottles red wine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split (optional)
- 8 whole cloves
- 12 whole peppercorns
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 star anise
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the peel of the lemon and orange, being careful not to pick up any of the bitter white pith from the fruit.
- Cut the peel into strips and combine in a large pot with the wine, sugar, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, cloves, peppercorns, sliced ginger, nutmeg, and star anise.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat and let simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Strain and serve warm.
Sleep and skincare are two things that have become more important to many of us since becoming moms. Whether you’re waking up with babies, waiting up for teenagers, or simply burning the candle at both ends, good sleep is priceless. Skincare, too, becomes more...
The Beijing 2022 Paralympics ran from March 4 to 13, 2022, and one of the athletes we followed was Noah Elliott. Four years ago in Pyeongchang South Korea, this Paralympic Snowboarder won the gold medal in the banked slalom event and a bronze medal in snowboard cross....
With the weather warming up and schedules getting busier, we're all about throwing together quick salads—and this spring version from Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane, a Greenwich, CT-based healthy prepared meal delivery business, is at the top of our list. "This salad...