This special salad is perfect for Mother’s Day or any Spring gathering. “It’s a new way to use canned artichokes, a convenient and affordable ingredient, and it’s packed with flavor and fiber to keep you satisfied,” says Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Food Contributor for The Local Moms Network.
- 2 cans artichokes in water, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated plus more for topping, if desired
To make the Air Fryer Artichokes:
- Pat drained artichokes well with a tea towel, then transfer to a bowl.
- Toss artichokes with minced garlic, one tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Transfer them to an air fryer basket and air fry for at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Once they are crispy and browned, let them cool for a couple of minutes, then slice in half. Reserve.
To Make the Dressing and Salad:
- In a glass jar or bowl, combine the minced shallot, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Whisk or shake to combine.
- Shave the Brussels sprouts thinly on a mandoline, or using a very sharp knife.
- Add these to a large serving bowl along with the white beans, celery, artichokes and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with a little bit more Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
Natalie lives in Houston with her family of four!
Cooking healthy meals that are delicious and satisfying can be hard work for us moms! Lately, I’ve been struggling to curate a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner that include all of the important nutrients and vitamins, only to have my kids come to the table with a stubborn palate.