Thank you to our food contributor CatwithaK Cooks for sharing this delicious plant-based taco recipe with us. Introducing new vegetables (like cauliflower) to kids can be tricky. Experts recommend serving it in a form they are familiar with (in this case, tacos). Try it for Taco Tuesday, or anytime you need a quick, nutritious meal.
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Lime Avocado Crema
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chile powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Avocado Lime Crema:
- 1 large avocado, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ red onion, sliced and pickled
- ½ cup Queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place a rack in lowest position; preheat oven to 450°
- Arrange cauliflower on a large baking sheet and add paprika, chili powder, onion powder, salt and olive oil. Toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes until cauliflower is browned all over, stirring halfway through to cook evenly.
While the cauliflower is roasting, make the crema:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Warm tortillas by charring on a gas grill open flame or microwaving them for 30 seconds or so.
On each tortilla, spread with avocado lime crema, add the cauliflower, and top with pickled onions, queso fresco, cilantro and lime. Enjoy!
Eva Amurri Martino—the blogger behind Happily Eva After—loves putting together classic Christmas cocktail parties, which she says satisfies her annual case of holiday nostalgia. “The classics never go out of style, and Christmas cocktails are so delish!”...
Anyone else taking on Elf on the Shelf moving responsibilities this time of year? Since 2004, The Elf on the Shelf brand has grown from a single children’s book, written by mother daughter team Chanda Bell and Carol Aebersold as a way to reconnect with...