Credit: Mark Weinberg
These sweet rendition of latkes will be a hit at Hannukah, but also a fun, festive breakfast all year round. More like a pancake than a tradition latke, they are tender and light, and filled with ricotta cheese. Happy Hannukah to all who celebrate!
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Unsalted butter or vegetable oil, for frying
- For serving: Cinnamon sugar, jam, sour cream, or maple syrup
- Add the cream cheese, eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract to a food processor and process, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary, until the mixture is completely smooth and the consistency of loose pancake batter. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and fold in the ricotta cheese until combined.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat, swirling the pan to coat. Working in batches of 5 or 6, drop the batter by the heaping tablespoon into the skillet, nudging it into a circle with the back of a spoon. Fry until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes; flip and continue frying until the latkes are cooked all the way through, another 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer latkes to a plate and serve immediately with desired toppings.
This Build Your Own Rice Bowl Board allows each member of your family to create a dinner plate they’ll love–and actually eat! Picky eaters may just choose chicken and rice, while more adventurous ones may add edamame, spicy Sriracha sauce or cilantro. We’ve been...
This original story was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor Harvey Karp, M.D. Toddler truth: Tantrums usually peak at 18 to 24 months, subside a bit, then crest again around 3.5 years. So, knowing how to prevent—and quell—these meltdowns now will...
This special salad is perfect for Mother’s Day or any Spring gathering. “It’s a new way to use canned artichokes, a convenient and affordable ingredient, and it’s packed with flavor and fiber to keep you satisfied,” says Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Food...