Credit: Mark Weinberg
These sweet rendition of latkes will be a hit at Hannukah, but also a fun, festive breakfast all year round. More like a pancake than a tradition latke, they are tender and light, and filled with ricotta cheese. Happy Hannukah to all who celebrate!
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- Unsalted butter or vegetable oil, for frying
- For serving: Cinnamon sugar, jam, sour cream, or maple syrup
- Add the cream cheese, eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract to a food processor and process, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary, until the mixture is completely smooth and the consistency of loose pancake batter. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and fold in the ricotta cheese until combined.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat, swirling the pan to coat. Working in batches of 5 or 6, drop the batter by the heaping tablespoon into the skillet, nudging it into a circle with the back of a spoon. Fry until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes; flip and continue frying until the latkes are cooked all the way through, another 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer latkes to a plate and serve immediately with desired toppings.
Caleb, age 8, after getting his first COVID-19 shot in Albany, NY With the recent approval of the Pfizer vaccine for kids ages 5 to 11, millions of parents nationwide have already vaccinated their kids—and millions more are weighing the decision. As parents, we always...
A version of this story originally ran on Home with the Harrisons, and was written by Lindsey Harrison of New Canaan-Darien Moms. Credit: Donna Dolan With the holidays coming up, that means more crafts, artwork, gifts….and clutter. In order to start 2022 as...
Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for...