We’re always looking for easy weeknight meals, and it’s a bonus if they incorporate our favorite seasonal ingredients. So we were thrilled when The Local Moms Contributor Kate Bowler of Domestikatedlife shared this quick recipe that pairs chicken with apple. “Apples might not be top of mind for a dinner ingredient, but I love to bring them into fall dishes for a seasonal flavor. I find that the sweetness pairs really well with chicken or pork (and bonus-points for being a pretty kid-friendly addition to a dish!),” says Kate. Skipping dairy? Swap in olive oil for the butter. The best part of using chicken thighs? They’re super quick, cheap, and have enough fat to reheat without drying out.
Apple Dijon Skillet Chicken
1 Tbsp. Of Butter
1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
1.25 Lbs. Of Chicken Thighs
2 Red Apples, Cored And Diced
¾ Cup Of Chicken Stock
1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
Salt And Pepper
Fresh Parsley, For Garnishing
Roasted Potatoes, For Serving
- In A Cast Iron Skillet, Melt Butter Over Medium Heat And Sauté Diced Yellow Onion Until It Beings To Soften.
- Season Chicken Thighs Well With Salt And Pepper, And Add To The Hot Skillet For About 7-10 Minutes, Until Browned And Cooked Through.
- Remove The Chicken Thighs From The Pan And Set Aside; Add Diced Apple Pieces To The Pan And Cook For 2 Minutes Until They Begin To Soften.
- Add Chicken Stock Slowly To The Pan, Using A Wooden Spoon To Scrape Up Any Bits From The Bottom Of The Skillet. Whisk In The Dijon Mustard And Simmer The Sauce For 10 Minutes Until It Thickens And Reduced By About ⅓.
- Add Chicken Back To The Pan To Warm Before Serving, And Garnish With Fresh Chopped Parsley.
Optional: Serve With Roasted Potatoes; Spoon The Extra Sauce Over The Potatoes When Serving.
Berry Caprese Salad
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...
Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria for Summer
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
Top Rain Jacket Picks for Moms
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...