This refreshing smoothie from Elizabeth Lim, the talented mom behind Beach Cities Moms, is an antioxidant and inflammatory powerhouse. Filled with superfoods like cherries and cacao, it can be made with any kind of milk and different types of nut butter. The best part? It tastes like chocolate covered cherries!
CHOCOLATE CHERRY SMOOTHIE
makes 2 small smoothies
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 ¼ cups frozen pitted cherries
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- ½-1 cup unsweetened soy milk, almond milk, or milk of choice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. For a thicker smoothie, start with the lesser amount of liquid and add as needed.
Thank you to Leah Koenig, author of The Jewish Cookbook, for sharing this recipe, which originally appeared on Food 52. Credit: Mark Weinberg These sweet rendition of latkes will be a hit at Hannukah, but also a fun,...
Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for...
This easy crisp makes for a healthy Thanksgiving dessert or a yummy breakfast any morning. Skip peeling the apples, and you'll save time and boost the fiber content. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to...