This Creamed Corn Pasta with Zucchini and Basil is the perfect end of summer recipe, packing in all that seasonal produce into a pasta dish that is both kid-friendly and vegetarian. If your family loves it so much you want to make it all winter long, just sub in frozen corn!
Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to find all her recipes or follow her on Instagram @kat_can_cook.
Creamed Corn Pasta with Zucchini and Basil
- 12 ounces GF penne or shells
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided 4 cups zucchini, diced small
- 2 ears of corn, shucked, kernels removed 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup goat milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup basil, finely sliced
- Zest from one lemon
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Place 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- When hot, add the diced onion with a pinch of salt. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring as needed, until caramelized.
- Add garlic, zucchini, and corn, a large pinch of salt and cracked pepper, and cook for 2 minutes undisturbed. Stir, and cook for one minute more then transfer to a large bowl—zucchini may taste underdone, but it will continue to cook as it sits.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook pasta one minute less than package directions, reserving 1 cup of pasta water once it’s done.
- Strain pasta, then add to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Set the saute pan over medium heat. Add the reserved pasta cooking liquid, lemon zest and juice, and the yogurt to the sauté pan and stir until emulsified. Add the pasta and vegetables and stir for 30 seconds to coat. Add the basil, and toss one last time.
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...