Early on in the pandemic, we may have overdone it with the banana bread baking. But when we saw these nutritious cookies from our contributor CatwithaK Cooks, we knew we had to try them. Without any added sugar and with plenty of fiber, they make a great breakfast for busy mornings.
For more recipes from Richmond VA Moms, check out our recipes section: https://richmondvamoms.com/blog/recipes/
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Cookies
- 3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted (or vegetable oil) 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2⁄3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the bananas, egg, oil, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the oats, coconut, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix with a rubber spatula until it is combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks so they are evenly distributed. The dough will be a bit loose, don’t worry about that, they will come together.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two tablespoons, scoop out your cookies onto lined baking sheets. I fit 6-8 on each of mine and cooked in batches.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until golden on top and browned on the bottoms.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack and enjoy!
This recipe was contributed by The Local Moms Network Contributor, Host to Perfection! This No-Bake Cheesecake is so creamy and delicious and it’s a great Summer treat! Skip the oven and try this simple, but thick, rich and creamy filling cheesecake....
This refreshing smoothie from Elizabeth Lim, the talented mom behind Beach Cities Moms, is an antioxidant and inflammatory powerhouse. Filled with superfoods like cherries and cacao, it can be made with any kind of milk and different types of nut butter. The...
If your family is like ours, getting a healthy, tasty dinner on the table at a reasonable time is a never ending challenge. There are only so many meals that both the adults and the kids enjoy, so there are at least a few evenings when I'm cooking kid dinner and adult...