With the weather warming up and schedules getting busier, we’re all about throwing together quick salads—and this spring version from Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane, a Greenwich, CT-based healthy prepared meal delivery business, is at the top of our list. “This salad is so easy to make, looks absolutely beautiful and can be paired with any protein so it is super versatile. Best of all it’s so springy and delish,” says Rachael. She adds: “As a company whose menu changes every week, we always say the best way to consistently make food taste good is to use local, in-season ingredients and let the fresh produce do the heavy lifting. This salad is a prime example of our philosophy.”
Fresh Spring Salad
Recipe Level: Easy
- Half a bunch of fresh radishes (about 1 ½ cups)
- Half a bunch of asparagus, about 5 or 6
- 2 cups of snap peas
- ¼ cup feta cheese (or finely chopped hearts of palm if vegan)*
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spring Mint Vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint, plus a little extra to add on the salad
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil water. Blanch asparagus for 2-3 minutes and then place in ice or rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Once cool cut on a bias in ¼-inch pieces and place in a larger bowl.
- Make vinaigrette while water is boiling by adding all ingredients except olive oil in blender. Add in olive oil slowly as you blend. If you don’t have a blender handy, just place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake until blended. If using mason jar method just be sure to chop mint finely.
- Thinly cut radishes and add to the bowl.
- Thinly cut snap peas on a bias and add to the bowl.
- Very lightly coat vegetables with mint vinaigrette and crumble cheese on top. Add a little extra mint. Serve right away and enjoy with your favorite protein.
If you’re involved in fundraising at your child’s school (shoutout to fellow PTA or PTO Moms!), sports team, or other local organization, coming up with creative ways to raise money can be a challenge. Seriously – how many bake sales or car washes can you do before...
Congrats to Rihanna on the birth of her first child! We love her fashion forward maternity style – from baring her belly to announce her pregnancy to her high fashion looks that had paparazzi covering her pregnancy like it was the Met Gala. When interviewed by...
Any Lab Test Now is a locally owned franchise located in the West End of Richmond, in the same shopping area as Walmart. This business is woman owned by an amazing Richmond native and mom of twin girls. She has been in the healthcare industry for over 14 years,...