Easy no-cook recipe that is bursting with spring flavors? Yes, please. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing another beautiful, seasonal and nutritious dish!
For more easy and delicious recipes, go to https://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/.
Shaved Spring Salad with Creamy Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 10 stalks of asparagus, shaved
- 4 radishes, shaved on mandolin
- 4 carrots, (tricolor if available) shaved 2 heads frisée or butter lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (coconut, Greek etc) 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp water, for thinning dressing
- For dressing: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk well until emulsified. Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water to thin it to desired consistency. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a mason jar, attach the lid firmly, and give it a good shake!
- For salad: Wash and prep all ingredients. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus and carrots lengthwise into strips. Discard the remnants of bettor and asparagus that are too thin to peel. Using a mandolin, or a sharp knife, slice radishes thinly.
- Place frisée in a large shallow bowl and top with the remaining vegetable shavings. Top with dressing and toss.
Related articles from The Local Moms Network:
Early on in the pandemic, we may have overdone it with the banana bread baking. But when we saw these nutritious cookies from our contributor CatwithaK Cooks, we knew we had to try them. Without any added sugar and with plenty of fiber, they make a great...
If you're trying to sneak more veggies into your family meals, this Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta from our contributor CatwithaK Cooks is a great start. For more recipes from The Local Moms Network, go tohttps://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/. ...
Fall may have Pumpkin Spice, but this Spring, we're all about this Carrot Spice Snacking Cake. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing this gluten, butter and oil-free healthy treat! Carrot Spice Snacking Cake Yield: 1 8x8 inch square...