Easy no-cook recipe that is bursting with spring flavors? Yes, please. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing another beautiful, seasonal and nutritious dish!
For more easy and delicious recipes, go to https://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/.
Shaved Spring Salad with Creamy Tarragon Vinaigrette
- 10 stalks of asparagus, shaved
- 4 radishes, shaved on mandolin
- 4 carrots, (tricolor if available) shaved 2 heads frisée or butter lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (coconut, Greek etc) 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp water, for thinning dressing
- For dressing: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk well until emulsified. Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water to thin it to desired consistency. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a mason jar, attach the lid firmly, and give it a good shake!
- For salad: Wash and prep all ingredients. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus and carrots lengthwise into strips. Discard the remnants of bettor and asparagus that are too thin to peel. Using a mandolin, or a sharp knife, slice radishes thinly.
- Place frisée in a large shallow bowl and top with the remaining vegetable shavings. Top with dressing and toss.
Related articles from The Local Moms Network:
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...