We’re about to head into the holiday season, and if you’re like us, that usually means diving into some delicious and decadent food, from frosted cookies to festive cocktails. Now, 2020 can use all the help it can get, so we’re not suggesting you skip any of that. But consider adding this colorful and nutritious greek salad hummus, shared with us by Beach Cities Moms, to your menu (whether for a socially distanced soiree or a quick weekday lunch). Your body will thank you…and the best part? The veggies can be chopped ahead of time so you can assemble this healthy dish in seconds!
GREEK SALAD HUMMUS
- 16-oz container of plain hummus
- Dried oregano
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ pound mini cucumbers, diced
- 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon
- pita chips or pita bread for serving
- Spread entire container of hummus onto a medium-sized platter. Sprinkle with dried oregano, then top with tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta.
- Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon.
- Arrange pita chips or bread around the outside of the platter, or on the side in a separate bowl.
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...