This easy potato dish is just a little bit of an upgrade on classic roast potatoes. Use it to introduce picky eaters to new flavors, or for your next dinner party. Thanks to our food contributor CatwithaK Cooks for sharing this go-to recipe!
Hasselback Potato Skillet with Mustard Garlic Butter + Chives
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes (any long and narrow waxy heirloom will work) and up to 8, based on skillet size, scrubbed clean
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons finely minced chives
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice one thin layer, lengthwise, off the bottom of each potato to allow them to lay flat.
- Place a potato flat side-down and use a sharp knife to make slices that are about 1/8-inch apart; slice into the potato but not completely through it — the slices should stay connected at the bottom.
- Carefully fan out the sliced pieces without breaking them apart. Repeat with each potato.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, mustard, 3 Tablespoons of the chives, and garlic. Set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the bottom of a large oven-safe skillet with the mustard butter. Place the potatoes in the skillet and brush the outside and inside of each potato with the butter mixture. Be generous. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about an hour, until tender on the inside and golden on the outside — basting the potatoes every 15 minutes with the remaining mustard butter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Tablespoon of chives and serve.
This recipe was contributed by The Local Moms Network Contributor, Host to Perfection! This No-Bake Cheesecake is so creamy and delicious and it’s a great Summer treat! Skip the oven and try this simple, but thick, rich and creamy filling cheesecake....
This refreshing smoothie from Elizabeth Lim, the talented mom behind Beach Cities Moms, is an antioxidant and inflammatory powerhouse. Filled with superfoods like cherries and cacao, it can be made with any kind of milk and different types of nut butter. The...
If your family is like ours, getting a healthy, tasty dinner on the table at a reasonable time is a never ending challenge. There are only so many meals that both the adults and the kids enjoy, so there are at least a few evenings when I'm cooking kid dinner and adult...