This easy potato dish is just a little bit of an upgrade on classic roast potatoes. Use it to introduce picky eaters to new flavors, or for your next dinner party. Thanks to our food contributor CatwithaK Cooks for sharing this go-to recipe!
Hasselback Potato Skillet with Mustard Garlic Butter + Chives
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes (any long and narrow waxy heirloom will work) and up to 8, based on skillet size, scrubbed clean
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons finely minced chives
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice one thin layer, lengthwise, off the bottom of each potato to allow them to lay flat.
- Place a potato flat side-down and use a sharp knife to make slices that are about 1/8-inch apart; slice into the potato but not completely through it — the slices should stay connected at the bottom.
- Carefully fan out the sliced pieces without breaking them apart. Repeat with each potato.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, mustard, 3 Tablespoons of the chives, and garlic. Set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the bottom of a large oven-safe skillet with the mustard butter. Place the potatoes in the skillet and brush the outside and inside of each potato with the butter mixture. Be generous. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about an hour, until tender on the inside and golden on the outside — basting the potatoes every 15 minutes with the remaining mustard butter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Tablespoon of chives and serve.
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...