If you’re trying to sneak more veggies into your family meals, this Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta from our contributor CatwithaK Cooks is a great start.
For more recipes from The Local Moms Network, go tohttps://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/.
Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta
- 1 small to medium cauliflower, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- ½ cup parmesan, grated, plus additional for serving
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 package of linguine or fettuccine, I use Banza or Jovial Foods chickpea and brown rice pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and boil until the cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork, about ten minutes.
- Drain cauliflower in a colander and add to the blender.
- Meanwhile, boil your pasta in a separate large pot of well salted water according to package directions. Drain pasta in the same colander and reserve at least 2 cups of the pasta water.
- Place the cauliflower in a high powered blender or food processor and add the parmesan, butter, olive oil, mustard, garlic, zest and juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- Blend to combine for about 20 seconds.
- Add some of the pasta water, ½ cup at a time, and blend until the sauce is very creamy and the consistency is to your liking. I usually use between 1-1 ½ cups of water. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the alfredo sauce and top with extra parmesan, chopped parsley, and cracked pepper. Enjoy!
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...