Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic.
Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to find all her recipes or follow her on Instagram @kat_can_cook.
Sweet Potatoes Agrodolce
- 2 lbs. Sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño or fresno chile, seeded and thinly sliced in rings
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas, toasted
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle it with the oil, 1 Tablespoon honey, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer the potatoes to large rimmed baking sheets, spreading evenly.
- Roast until caramelized, 20-25 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the chile, vinegar, and remaining 2 Tablespoons of honey to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-6 minutes until syrupy.
- When potatoes are finished, spoon the agrodolce over them and serve right away.
- Finish with the pepitas and sage.
December is a month filled with festivities—including fun holidays and the family and food that go along with them. But it’s also the month for Dressember, an inspiring, female-lead movement that’s fighting slavery and sex trafficking. In 2009, CEO and...
If we’re going to bake, we want to make sure the final product checks three boxes: First, that it’s a healthy snack for the whole family. Second, that it tastes good enough for everyone—even a picky toddler—to eat. And finally, that they don’t have a...
The name Lauren Bush Lauren incorporates two distinct, all-American Dynasties—the (George H.W. and George W.) Bush political one and the (Ralph) Lauren fashion one. Lauren, however, has carved her own path by founding FEED, an impact driven lifestyle brand...