Cinnamon rolls are a favorite holiday treat, but the maple-infused pancake version below, from Nicole Washington—the talented mama behind the Brown Sugar blog—is a perfect Fall breakfast. It uses simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry—including pancake mix to make them extra easy! A simple piping technique is used to achieve the classic look of cinnamon rolls. Stay tuned for our Meet a Mom interview with Nicole, and in the meantime, check her out at bsugarmama.com and on Instagram at @brownsugarfoodblogger!
Maple Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 2 c. Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Maple Extract
- In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick Pancake batter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, maple extract, and butter until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 5 tbsp. Butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix. Pour the cinnamon mixture into a piping bag or food storage bag. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the cinnamon mixture to set and don’t cut open the tip of the bag until ready to use.
- Heat the griddle and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour ½ cup of pancake mix onto the griddle and, in a circular motion, pipe the cinnamon mixture. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- To make topping, in a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
- Top the pancakes off with the cream cheese topping and whipped cream if desired and serve.
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...
Anyone else *more* than ready to swap winter coats and sweaters for spring dresses and tops? We asked designer Katie Fong Biglin, for her go-to picks for the season. All of them are mom-friendly (read: easy to style) and many of them are perfect for pregnancy and...
With the weather warming up and schedules getting busier, we're all about throwing together quick salads—and this spring version from Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane, a Greenwich, CT-based healthy prepared meal delivery business, is at the top of our list. "This salad...