There’s a time and place for cooking an elaborate meal, and it’s not during the week. Especially in the fun but frenetic weeks between school finishing up and camp beginning. This one-pan skillet spaghetti recipe from Kathleen, the mom behind CatwithaK Cooks, is more of a technique than a rigid recipe, because it’s so easily adapted to your family’s tastes and dietary restrictions/allergies. “I learned this method when I worked for Martha Stewart. She was doing a one-pan pasta way before Tik Tok!” says Kathleen.
- 12 ounces spaghetti (I use Banza or Jovial Foods)
- 12 ounces tomatoes, halved or chopped depending on size
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated parmesan for serving
- In a large, straight-sided skillet, place your pasta in the middle so it lies flat.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, spinach, oil, red pepper flakes (if using), 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper distributing evenly around the pan.
- Add the water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium high.
- Boil pasta mixture, uncovered, stirring and turning the pasta frequently with tongs or a fork to separate.
- Cook until pasta is al dente and water has almost evaporated, 8-10 minutes.
- Divide among four shallow bowls, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, cracked pepper and some Parmesan if desired.
This sweet treat from Beach Cities Moms is full of tropical flavors, and since it skips the rum, is a perfect dessert for the whole family. Piña Colada Chia Pops makes 6 popsicles Ingredients: 1 14-ounce can coconut milk ½ cup...
Summer is officially in full swing, and our newest partner, Ledge Lounger, wants to make sure your family has tons of fun this year! Their products are all about making the most of your outdoor space, from stylish and classic outdoor furniture to in-pool...
GoGo SqueeZ pouches have been a staple in our household since my daughter was old enough to have them, which is why we’re excited to partner with them as part of their National Park tour!If you haven’t heard of GoGo Squeez, they’re one of our favorite healthy and...