There’s a time and place for cooking an elaborate meal, and it’s not during the week. Especially in the fun but frenetic weeks between school finishing up and camp beginning. This one-pan skillet spaghetti recipe from Kathleen, the mom behind CatwithaK Cooks, is more of a technique than a rigid recipe, because it’s so easily adapted to your family’s tastes and dietary restrictions/allergies. “I learned this method when I worked for Martha Stewart. She was doing a one-pan pasta way before Tik Tok!” says Kathleen.
- 12 ounces spaghetti (I use Banza or Jovial Foods)
- 12 ounces tomatoes, halved or chopped depending on size
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated parmesan for serving
- In a large, straight-sided skillet, place your pasta in the middle so it lies flat.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, spinach, oil, red pepper flakes (if using), 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper distributing evenly around the pan.
- Add the water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium high.
- Boil pasta mixture, uncovered, stirring and turning the pasta frequently with tongs or a fork to separate.
- Cook until pasta is al dente and water has almost evaporated, 8-10 minutes.
- Divide among four shallow bowls, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, cracked pepper and some Parmesan if desired.
Any Lab Test Now is a locally owned franchise located in the West End of Richmond, in the same shopping area as Walmart. This business is woman owned by an amazing Richmond native and mom of twin girls. She has been in the healthcare industry for over 14 years,...
Congrats to Rihanna on the birth of her first child! We love her fashion forward maternity style – from baring her belly to announce her pregnancy to her high fashion looks that had paparazzi covering her pregnancy like it was the Met Gala. When interviewed by...
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...