PUMPKIN TURKEY CHILI
- Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Lb. Of Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet Of Chili Seasoning
- 2 Tsp. Of Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Of Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Of Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Of Pumpkin Puree
- 14 Oz. Can Of Diced Tomatoes
- 14 Oz. Can Of Red Kidney Beans
- 14 Oz. Can Of White Beans
- 8 Oz. Can Of Baked Beans
- Salt And Pepper
- Hot Sauce, To Taste
- Serve With Cornbread And Toppings Such As Diced Red Onions, Scallions, Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese
- Heat A Drizzle Of Olive Oil Over Medium Heat In A Large Dutch Oven Or Pot.
- Sauté The Diced Onion And Minced Garlic For 2-3 Minutes, Until Softened.
- Add The Ground Turkey To The Pot And Continue To Cook Until Browned And Just About Cooked Through.
- Add Chili Seasoning And Paprika To The Ground Turkey, And Stir To Coat. Then Mix In The Honey, Tomato Paste And Pumpkin Puree.
- Fold In The Diced Tomatoes, Red Kidney Beans, White Beans, And Baked Beans. Season To Taste With Salt And Pepper, And Then Reduce The Heat To A Simmer.
- Allow The Chili To Simmer For At Least 30 Minutes Before Serving.
- Add Hot Sauce To Taste If You Prefer A Spicier Chili, Serve Alongside Cornbread And Top With Your Choice Of Red Onions, Scallions, Sour Cream, Or Cheddar Cheese.
For more Fall inspiration from Kate, visit Domestikatedlife.
Looking for a chance to get a picture with Santa? He's visiting quite a few locations in the Richmond VA area and we have his schedule! Locations and available dates are all posted below. Our personal favorites are Cabela's in Short Pump and Bass Pro in...
Welcome to The Local Moms Network 2019 Holiday Gift Guide! Before kids, we had all our holiday shopping done by (or shortly after) Thanksgiving. Post-kids? We sometimes find ourselves relying on anything available with overnight shipping, or online gift cards (when...
This story was contributed by Caitlyn Dunn, LCSW. Ah…the most wonderful time of the year (wink, wink)! More like the most stressful time of year, especially for all of us "making" the holidays—aka moms. Here are some tips to help actually feel lots of...