Thank you to Iowa City-Cedar Rapids Moms for sharing!
Saving egg cartons is a great idea because they are a perfect material for kids crafts. This idea from Iowa City-Cedar Rapids Moms is super fun!
- Egg cartons;
- Foam board, cardboard, or any old box.
- Craft sponge or brush;
- Polyester fiber fill, cotton/felt balls, or pompoms;
- Twine or any string (any color);
- Washable kids’ paint;
- Multipurpose glue.
- Paint the bottom of the egg carton to make the shamrocks. Cut individually after dry and glue them together 3 by 3. After glue dries, attach them to the twine/string by making a small hole to each side of the top shamrock. I added some glitter to the shamrocks just for fun.
- Cut other parts of the egg carton you think you can play with, making shapes and/or several small pieces. Set them aside.
- Draw and cut a rainbow shape on the foam board/cardboard/box. Punch 2 holes on it’s top where you’ll pass the twine/string to make a hanger.
- Glue the polyester fiber fill/cotton/pompoms to the bottom part of the rainbow to create the clouds. Then glue the pieces of egg carton on the rainbow’s surface as you wish and let it sit for a while to dry.
- Note: You can use hot glue if you want it to dry quickly, but I don’t recommend it if you do this craft with kids.
- After it’s completely dry, dab paint your rainbow with washable paint. I chose regular rainbow colors, but you can use any colors you want. Wait for it to dry completely and it’s ready to hang.
Welcome to The Local Moms Network 2019 Holiday Gift Guide! Before kids, we had all our holiday shopping done by (or shortly after) Thanksgiving. Post-kids? We sometimes find ourselves relying on anything available with overnight shipping, or online gift cards (when...
Project Sunshine is an amazing organization that aims to bring joy and play to pediatric patients. The goal is not only to bring some light—some sunshine—to little ones going through scary times, but also to give caregivers a well-deserved break. We spoke to...
Fall may have Pumpkin Spice, but this Spring, we're all about this Carrot Spice Snacking Cake. Thank you to our contributor, CatwithaK Cooks, for sharing this gluten, butter and oil-free healthy treat! Carrot Spice Snacking Cake Yield: 1 8x8 inch square...
These days, we're all about making holidays a little *extra*. These "Pretty in Pink" Deviled Eggs from celebrity nutritionist and Today Show contributor Joy Bauer, RD, will certainly make your Easter table sparkle a little brighter. "You can’t go wrong with eggs—the...