Thank you to Iowa City-Cedar Rapids Moms for sharing!
Saving egg cartons is a great idea because they are a perfect material for kids crafts. This idea from Iowa City-Cedar Rapids Moms is super fun!
- Egg cartons;
- Foam board, cardboard, or any old box.
- Craft sponge or brush;
- Polyester fiber fill, cotton/felt balls, or pompoms;
- Twine or any string (any color);
- Washable kids’ paint;
- Multipurpose glue.
- Paint the bottom of the egg carton to make the shamrocks. Cut individually after dry and glue them together 3 by 3. After glue dries, attach them to the twine/string by making a small hole to each side of the top shamrock. I added some glitter to the shamrocks just for fun.
- Cut other parts of the egg carton you think you can play with, making shapes and/or several small pieces. Set them aside.
- Draw and cut a rainbow shape on the foam board/cardboard/box. Punch 2 holes on it’s top where you’ll pass the twine/string to make a hanger.
- Glue the polyester fiber fill/cotton/pompoms to the bottom part of the rainbow to create the clouds. Then glue the pieces of egg carton on the rainbow’s surface as you wish and let it sit for a while to dry.
- Note: You can use hot glue if you want it to dry quickly, but I don’t recommend it if you do this craft with kids.
- After it’s completely dry, dab paint your rainbow with washable paint. I chose regular rainbow colors, but you can use any colors you want. Wait for it to dry completely and it’s ready to hang.
Welcome to The Local Moms Network 2019 Holiday Gift Guide! Before kids, we had all our holiday shopping done by (or shortly after) Thanksgiving. Post-kids? We sometimes find ourselves relying on anything available with overnight shipping, or online gift cards (when...
Rockets of Awesome offers a convenience way to update your kids’ wardrobe with quality, adorable pieces.
Fall skincare and beauty feels like a fresh start for our faces. With the kids back in school, you have more than 30 seconds to get back into a skincare routine...and maybe even put on some makeup! But where to start? We asked Kari Molvar, a mom of two girls...
Halloween is almost here and we’re adding this Spooky Snack Mix from The BakerMama to our shortlist of fun treats to make. It has all the things we love in a holiday snack—sweet, salty, festive and a healthy dose of nostalgia. Maegan, the talented mom behind...