Thank you to Iowa City-Cedar Rapids Moms for sharing!
Saving egg cartons is a great idea because they are a perfect material for kids crafts. This idea from Iowa City-Cedar Rapids Moms is super fun!
- Egg cartons;
- Foam board, cardboard, or any old box.
- Craft sponge or brush;
- Polyester fiber fill, cotton/felt balls, or pompoms;
- Twine or any string (any color);
- Washable kids’ paint;
- Multipurpose glue.
- Paint the bottom of the egg carton to make the shamrocks. Cut individually after dry and glue them together 3 by 3. After glue dries, attach them to the twine/string by making a small hole to each side of the top shamrock. I added some glitter to the shamrocks just for fun.
- Cut other parts of the egg carton you think you can play with, making shapes and/or several small pieces. Set them aside.
- Draw and cut a rainbow shape on the foam board/cardboard/box. Punch 2 holes on it’s top where you’ll pass the twine/string to make a hanger.
- Glue the polyester fiber fill/cotton/pompoms to the bottom part of the rainbow to create the clouds. Then glue the pieces of egg carton on the rainbow’s surface as you wish and let it sit for a while to dry.
- Note: You can use hot glue if you want it to dry quickly, but I don’t recommend it if you do this craft with kids.
- After it’s completely dry, dab paint your rainbow with washable paint. I chose regular rainbow colors, but you can use any colors you want. Wait for it to dry completely and it’s ready to hang.
Any Lab Test Now is a locally owned franchise located in the West End of Richmond, in the same shopping area as Walmart. This business is woman owned by an amazing Richmond native and mom of twin girls. She has been in the healthcare industry for over 14 years,...
If you’re involved in fundraising at your child’s school (shoutout to fellow PTA or PTO Moms!), sports team, or other local organization, coming up with creative ways to raise money can be a challenge. Seriously – how many bake sales or car washes can you do before...
Congrats to Rihanna on the birth of her first child! We love her fashion forward maternity style – from baring her belly to announce her pregnancy to her high fashion looks that had paparazzi covering her pregnancy like it was the Met Gala. When interviewed by...