Meatballs are one of those go-to meals that every mom needs in her tool bag. Not only do kids love than as much as adults, but they can be customized to everyone’s preference and dietary restrictions. Celiac disease? Use gluten-free breadcrumbs. Trying to limit white carbs? Put over spaghetti squash noodles or chickpea pasta. Don’t have time to cook? Use your slow cooker, or make a big batch and freeze for a later meal. This Whole 30-approved version comes straight from Whole 30 founder Melissa Hartwig:
Whole 30 Approved Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 pound of grass-fed ground beef
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 cups Whole30 compliant marinara sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- PULSE mushrooms, sea salt, black pepper, garlic cloves and basil leaves in a food processor until it is completely minced and well-combined. Set aside in a bowl for about 10 minutes, draining any excess water that is created from the mushrooms.
- AFTER draining excess water from the mushroom mixture, gently mix in egg, ground beef and almond flour until well-combined.
- FORM 16 2-inch meatballs with your hands and arrange in a cast-iron skillet.
- BAKE for 20 minutes total.Take the skillet out of the oven after 10 minutes and turn each meatball one half turn to ensure they cook evenly. With 5 minutes of cooking time left, remove the skillet once more and pour marinara sauce into the skillet, covering each meatball evenly.
- GARNISH with fresh parsley to taste. Serve with your favorite Whole30 vegetable. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Berry Caprese Salad
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...
Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria for Summer
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
Top Rain Jacket Picks for Moms
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...