This special salad is perfect for Mother’s Day or any Spring gathering. “It’s a new way to use canned artichokes, a convenient and affordable ingredient, and it’s packed with flavor and fiber to keep you satisfied,” says Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Food Contributor for The Local Moms Network.
- 2 cans artichokes in water, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated plus more for topping, if desired
To make the Air Fryer Artichokes:
- Pat drained artichokes well with a tea towel, then transfer to a bowl.
- Toss artichokes with minced garlic, one tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Transfer them to an air fryer basket and air fry for at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Once they are crispy and browned, let them cool for a couple of minutes, then slice in half. Reserve.
To Make the Dressing and Salad:
- In a glass jar or bowl, combine the minced shallot, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Whisk or shake to combine.
- Shave the Brussels sprouts thinly on a mandoline, or using a very sharp knife.
- Add these to a large serving bowl along with the white beans, celery, artichokes and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with a little bit more Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
If you’re involved in fundraising at your child’s school (shoutout to fellow PTA or PTO Moms!), sports team, or other local organization, coming up with creative ways to raise money can be a challenge. Seriously – how many bake sales or car washes can you do before...
Congrats to Rihanna on the birth of her first child! We love her fashion forward maternity style – from baring her belly to announce her pregnancy to her high fashion looks that had paparazzi covering her pregnancy like it was the Met Gala. When interviewed by...
Any Lab Test Now is a locally owned franchise located in the West End of Richmond, in the same shopping area as Walmart. This business is woman owned by an amazing Richmond native and mom of twin girls. She has been in the healthcare industry for over 14 years,...