This recipe was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor, Host to Perfection!
Wondering what to do with all those apples you picked this weekend? We love this classic recipe from the talented sisters behind Host to Perfection, using pantry ingredients we all have on hand. The best part? It works well with both peeled and unpeeled apples. So if you’re looking to sneak some fiber into your family’s diet (or save some time), skip the peeling process and get right to baking!
- 5 large gala apples, peeled or unpeeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pf cinnamon
- 6 tbs of butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both sugars, flour and cinnamon.
- Add the butter pieces and use your fingers to rub the mixture together until the butter is incorporated and the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the apple filling.
- Place the sliced apples in a baking dish. Squeeze juice of half a lemon over the apple and toss it together. Sprinkle crumb topping over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is nicely browned and apples are done.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (non-negotiable in my opinion!).
This week’s Meet a Mom is one of our own—Kaitlin Strobel, the mom of two behind Sound Shore Moms! She lives in Harrison, NY (a suburb of NYC) with her husband Billy, her daughter Penelope (“Penny”) who is 3.5, her son Stan, who is 1.5, and their mini...
At The Local Moms Network, we’re moms committed to helping other moms. And right now in Texas, a lot of moms are dealing with unimaginably tough conditions due to the record-breaking snowfall—freezing temperatures, homes being destroyed and lack of food....
Spending part of their summer at camp is one of those amazing experiences that will stay with your child forever. Use this guide to learn about some of the top sleepaway options throughout the United States. All of them will help your child gain valuable confidence,...