This recipe was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor, Host to Perfection!
Wondering what to do with all those apples you picked this weekend? We love this classic recipe from the talented sisters behind Host to Perfection, using pantry ingredients we all have on hand. The best part? It works well with both peeled and unpeeled apples. So if you’re looking to sneak some fiber into your family’s diet (or save some time), skip the peeling process and get right to baking!
- 5 large gala apples, peeled or unpeeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pf cinnamon
- 6 tbs of butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both sugars, flour and cinnamon.
- Add the butter pieces and use your fingers to rub the mixture together until the butter is incorporated and the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the apple filling.
- Place the sliced apples in a baking dish. Squeeze juice of half a lemon over the apple and toss it together. Sprinkle crumb topping over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is nicely browned and apples are done.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (non-negotiable in my opinion!).
Are your kids going to sleepaway camp this summer? As you pack those bags, both parents and kids may be feeling a little nervous—and that's totally normal. We asked Renee Flax, Director of Camper Placement for the American Camp Association, NY and NJ, for her...
This story was contributed by literary specialist and mom Rosemary D’Urso, aka the “Library Mom”. Go to librarymom.com for more of her expert picks, and follow her on Instagram @librarymombooks. Finding that perfect gift for Father’s Day can be tricky,...
This recipe was contributed by The Local Moms Network Contributor, Host to Perfection! This No-Bake Cheesecake is so creamy and delicious and it’s a great Summer treat! Skip the oven and try this simple, but thick, rich and creamy filling cheesecake....