This vegan chickpea salad from actress, entrepreneur and new mom Daniella Monet takes only a few minutes to come together and uses ingredients most of us have in our pantry. It’s a perfect vegan lunch or easy #meatlessmonday dinner recipe.
To read our Meet a Mom interview with Daniella, click here.
- 1 can/box of drained garbanzo beans
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- ¼ of a red onion, finely chopped
- handful of chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp of vegan mayo
- ½ lemon
- Chop all veggies.
- Roughly mash garbanzo beans in a medium bowl.
- Add chopped veggies.
- Season with fresh dill, pinch of salt, some crushed pepper and lemon juice.
- Stir in 3 tbsp of vegan mayo.
- Serve on bread or bed of mixed greens and enjoy!
Thank you to Leah Koenig, author of The Jewish Cookbook, for sharing this recipe, which originally appeared on Food 52. Credit: Mark Weinberg These sweet rendition of latkes will be a hit at Hannukah, but also a fun,...
Looking to mix up your usual marshmallow-topped sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving? Try this spicy and sweet take on taters, which uses fresh peppers and honey for an updated, elevated take on the classic. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for...
This easy crisp makes for a healthy Thanksgiving dessert or a yummy breakfast any morning. Skip peeling the apples, and you'll save time and boost the fiber content. Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing. Go to kathleenashmore.com to...