Is Hippo available in many locations?
That’s wonderful. What are some of your favorite moments with the company?
Amazing! As someone in the industry, what are some smart tips for saving money on healthcare?
- Lower the Cost of Prescription Medications (by using Hippo!)
- Ask your pharmacist for Generic Medications
- If you have insurance, Avoid Picking Up Prescriptions Early (Wait until insurance will cover.)
- Many Over the Counter Meds May Actually be Cheaper With a Prescription (For instance, the allergy medication Claritin is $15 to $20 OTC, but Loratadine is only $4 to $6 in generic form, using Hippo.)
- Follow Up on Insurance Discrepancies (If a bill doesn’t look right, be sure to call.)
- Focus on Finding In-Network Providers
- Don’t Forgot About an HSA/FSA
- Stay on Top of Preventative Care (so you don’t get sick or develop expensive conditions)
- Know Your Insurance Policy (Understand what the deductibles are, who the preferred providers are, etc.)
Good tips! So if, what’s the process?
We try to make it as easy as possible to receive a Hippo card. For everyone in The Local Moms Network, simply text “MOMS” to Hippo (44776) and we will text you a free digital Hippo card to add to your mobile wallet. There is no cost to joining Hippo, so you can relax and save.
Here are the step by step instructions:
- Go to your text messages and enter HIPPO (44776) in the phone number field
- In the message field type “MOMS”
- Hit “send”
- Receive your Hippo card and start saving!
Welcome to The Local Moms Network 2019 Holiday Gift Guide! Before kids, we had all our holiday shopping done by (or shortly after) Thanksgiving. Post-kids? We sometimes find ourselves relying on anything available with overnight shipping, or online gift cards (when...
This Build Your Own Rice Bowl Board allows each member of your family to create a dinner plate they’ll love–and actually eat! Picky eaters may just choose chicken and rice, while more adventurous ones may add edamame, spicy Sriracha sauce or cilantro. We’ve been...
This original story was shared by The Local Moms Network Contributor Harvey Karp, M.D. Toddler truth: Tantrums usually peak at 18 to 24 months, subside a bit, then crest again around 3.5 years. So, knowing how to prevent—and quell—these meltdowns now will...
This special salad is perfect for Mother’s Day or any Spring gathering. “It’s a new way to use canned artichokes, a convenient and affordable ingredient, and it’s packed with flavor and fiber to keep you satisfied,” says Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Food...