Cinnamon rolls are a favorite holiday treat, but the maple-infused pancake version below, from Nicole Washington—the talented mama behind the Brown Sugar blog—is a perfect Fall breakfast. It uses simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry—including pancake mix to make them extra easy! A simple piping technique is used to achieve the classic look of cinnamon rolls. Stay tuned for our Meet a Mom interview with Nicole, and in the meantime, check her out at bsugarmama.com and on Instagram at @brownsugarfoodblogger!
Maple Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 2 c. Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Maple Extract
- In a large bowl, mix together Bisquick Pancake batter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, maple extract, and butter until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, combine 5 tbsp. Butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix. Pour the cinnamon mixture into a piping bag or food storage bag. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the cinnamon mixture to set and don’t cut open the tip of the bag until ready to use.
- Heat the griddle and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour ½ cup of pancake mix onto the griddle and, in a circular motion, pipe the cinnamon mixture. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- To make topping, in a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
- Top the pancakes off with the cream cheese topping and whipped cream if desired and serve.
Where is the Easter Bunny?
The Easter Bunny seems to be just as busy this time of year as Santa is during the Christmas season! Thankfully, he's just as skilled at finding time for children at quite a few places. Below are all the places you'll find the Easter Bunny, broken out by...
Immunity-Boosting Carrot Turmeric Soup
Anyone else feel like cold and flu season is never going away? Whether your house has been hit hard this winter or you feel like you’re fighting it off because everyone around you is sick, considering taking to the kitchen to boost your family’s immunity,...
How to Style a Festive Bar Cart
If you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve party this year, stocking the bar is likely a priority. But in this Instagram age, why not make the cocktail setup as beautiful as it is functional? Your guests will surely appreciate the extra effort, whether or not...