These Maple Pumpkin Pecan Muffins are full of Fall flavor. Bake up a batch on the weekend to serve all week long as a grab-and-go breakfast! Thank you to our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore for sharing.
Go to kathleenashmore.com to find all her recipes or follow her on Instagram @kat_can_cook.
Maple Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1⁄3 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger (or 2 T pumpkin pie spice), plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup grade B maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup raw pecans, chopped, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the cups of a standard 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray and dust with oat flour, or use muffin liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a large bowl and whisk, briefly whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add to the bowl the pumpkin, coconut oil, and maple syrup and mix to combine so there are no flour streaks visible.
- Add the eggs and whisk for 10 seconds more to combine.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the muffin cups. I like to use an ice cream scoop for this.
- Distribute the chopped pecans evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out just clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Berry Caprese Salad
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...
Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria for Summer
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
Top Rain Jacket Picks for Moms
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...