Cookies for breakfast? Why not, when they’re filled with fiber and protein-rich almond flour and free of added sugars like these. This recipe from our food contributor Kathleen Ashmore is a perfect “Back to School” choice—make them on a Sunday for a grab-and-go breakfast all week long.
Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies
Yield: 14-16 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut 2⁄3 cup raisins, golden or regular
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, room temperature 3⁄4 cup coconut sugar (or raw, or brown) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using a stand or handheld mixer, cream together the coconut oil and sugar for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for another 30 seconds to incorporate.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix briefly to incorporate.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the oats, coconut, and raisins until combined. Scoop 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon sized cookies onto two baking sheets, leaving a couple of inches between them.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until golden around the edges and soft in the center. Do not overbake as they will continue to cook as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her "Hungry Lady Salad" series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest...
Cheers to Summer! We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic,...
The days are getting longer, flowers are blooming…Spring is here (finally)! But just when temperatures start rising and the deep winter brain fog starts to clear, the rain starts. And it just doesn’t stop. We’re here to help you combine some retail therapy with a...